Effective 30th May 2018
We are Jazz Hands Scotland. We we are based in Scotland and run free advertising for clubs/groups as well as Jazz Hands Productions.
You are a person:
- using our company’s website which is currently at projecttheatre.org
- signing up to our mailing list using a paper or online sign-up form
- filling out an online or paper contact or feedback form
About this notice
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we hold about you and your rights about this.
This website is designed to provide general information about Jazz Hands Scotland, its services and its associated undertakings. It is essential that you verify all information with us before taking any action in reliance upon it. It is a condition of allowing you free access to the material on this website that you accept that Jazz Hands Scotland will not be liable for any action that you may take in reliance on such information. Information is subject to change without notice.
This website and our mailing system complies with United Kingdom and EU Law regarding Data Protection (GDPR). Jazz Hands Scotland will not accept responsibility for compliance with the laws of any other jurisdiction. Unless otherwise noted, you should assume that everything you see or read on this website is copyrighted, and may not be used without the written permission of Jazz Hands Scotland, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on this website. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Jazz Hands Scotland neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on this website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Jazz Hands Scotland
Jazz Hands Scotland has not reviewed any or all of the sites linked to this website and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other websites linked to this website. Your linking to this website, off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk and without the permission of Jazz Hands Scotland. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Jazz Hands Scotland’s prior written consent. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Details of how to contact Project Theatre can be found on our contact page.
The information we may hold about you
What information we may hold about you:
- information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, feedback about our work)
- communications with us (for example by email or notes of phone calls)
- information about your purchases and interactions with our communications that we can access through the services we use to do this – currently Mailchimp.
- your usage of our website, for example, what you look at our access, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, information about your computer, including – where your browser provides this – your IP address, operating system and browser type
- Sensitive personal data: Data laws recognise that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not actively collect this type of information about our customers unless there is a clear reason for doing so. For example, when signing up for our Youth Theatre we require medical information and emergency contact details or when booking catering we will ask for dietary requirements.
How we will use information about you
We collect and hold information about you:
- to personalise your experience of our company website
- to help demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to organisations who fund us
- to manage our organisation and improve what we do
- and, if you agree:
- to communicate with you about ourselves, our work and work from others that we think you might find interesting
- to help us sell more tickets or otherwise earn or raise money to support ourselves so that we are less dependent on funding.
Information about you we use to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders is anonymised. So we do not share with them anything which identifies you.
Any feedback you give us we can use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission.
We may share information about you:
- with analytics providers for the purposes of improving our website
- with other organisations who help us deliver services to you
but this will always be under the same conditions as we are under.
We may share information about you with law enforcement agencies or other organisations or individuals if we are obliged to by law or court order. We’ll try to inform you of this requirement wherever possible, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
What you get in return for your information
The value we aim to give you in return for you letting us use information about you is:
- to let you know about when and where our work is on
- to tailor what we send you by better understanding what you are interested in
- to give you the chance to buy tickets to our work ahead of the general public
- to be part of a community that shares values around our kind of work.
We would like to communicate with you about ourselves and our work.
We will only do this if you explicitly give us permission to do this. For example, we won’t add you to our mailing list if you just give feedback or contact us through the contact form.
You have the right to opt out at any time from us contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com
Under legitimate interest, we may contact you by post or email to promote ways you can support us and the work that we do. This contact will be based on your activities and purchase history with us. Aside from this, and only if you have given your consent, we may contact you to seek your financial support
If you choose to interact with us via any of our social media streams (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) Jazz Hands Scotland may receive or have access to information about you, this is based upon what you have chosen to share in your social media accounts. We do not use this information and rely solely on the social media channels aggregated marketing data tools along with posts directly on our pages. To change any permission or to manage the viewing of our posts, please refer to your social media provider.
Contacting us, your rights to your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information - You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request correction of your personal information - You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we hold about you, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
- Request deletion of your personal information - You have the right to request that we delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure if there are specific legal reasons - which will be notified to you at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal information- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information - You have the right to request that we suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request transfer of your personal information - You have the right to request that the personal information we hold about you is transferred to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent - In circumstances where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you are a European citizen and consider our use of your personal information to be unlawful, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, i.e. the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you – or otherwise want to contact us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond: We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made multiple requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Users Under 18
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian's consent beforehand whenever you provide Personal Information to the website. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with Personal Information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer by a website when you use it to collect standard internet log information and information about the behaviour of visitors to that website.
We will use the information we collect as a result of you accepting a cookie from our site to track your use of the website and to compile reports on the use of the website overall by all visitors.
You can set up your browser not to accept cookies – and the websites above tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. In a few cases, some features of our website may not function fully as a result.
More information on Data Protection & Privacy
For information on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) please visit www.eugdpr.org
This website and its content is copyright of Jazz Hands Scotland 2018. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Jazz Hands Scotland and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Jazz Hands Scotland Project Theatre. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Jazz Hands Scotland takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Things that could change in the future without us coming back to you to get your agreement or permission again:
- we could move our website to a different address
- we could change the services we use to sell tickets or do mailings.
Last Updated 29th May 2018